I am an attorney (lawyer) specialising in the mining, energy and natural resources sectors in South Africa. I assist with mining and environmental regulatory compliance, corporate restructuring, drafting and review of commercial agreements, and dispute resolution.
I have solid business and legal education, having obtained my Bcom degree, master’s degree in corporate law (LLM), and higher diploma in tax (HDip Tax).
I am curious and have a love for learning. My interests include astronomy, history, philosophy, computer programming, and electronics.
If you want to learn more about the laws regulating the South African mineral and petroleum industry, a good starting point is here.
Recent Legal Writing
- It’s Time to Reappraise Our Concept of Property
- Protecting Important Land Areas
- Prospecting Right Applications: The Queuing Conundrum
- Suspending Overbroad Safety Instructions that Halt Mining Operations
- The Protection of Buildings as Heritage Resources
- When the Court Can’t Condone Regulatory Non-Compliance
- The Effect of Local Zoning Laws when Applying for a Mining Right
- 2015 Financial Provision Regulations, and Pre-existing Rehabilitation Provisions
- A Guide to the Mineral and Petroleum Industry in South Africa
My Reading Lists
You can reach me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
My pgp encryption key:
pub 4096R/08FC40B5 2014-11-19
uid Clinton Pavlovic <email@example.com>